by Maria Dripps-Paulson
Executive director, Kaneland Arts Initiative
The Kaneland Arts Initiative (KAI) will conclude its 2013-14 season with the fifth annual summer theatre production, “Once Upon A Mattress.” Throughout the year, KAI has been pleased to present the Magic of Garry Carson, the Fox Valley Concert Band Halloween Concert, Lee Murdock’s Annual Hometown Concert, “The Laramie Project,” the 14th Annual Kaneland Community Fine Arts Festival, the Cavern Beat, and Dreams Dance Studio Recital. In addition to the amazing performances, KAI was thrilled to provide the second annual KAI Artist in Residence program, the private music lesson program, and the third annual KAI Fine Arts Scholarship.
The Kaneland Arts Initiative opportunities are made possible by grants from the Dunham Fund and the Kaneland Foundation. Parent teacher organizations from Harter Middle School and John Stewart Elementary School donated funds, as well as over 100 individual arts patrons. KAI would also like to extend a huge thank you to the following local businesses whose donations have led to the successful KAI 2013-2014 season:
• Premiere Sponsors ($1,000 and up)—Elburn Herald, Midwest Window and Supply, Open Range Southwest Grill
• Masterpiece Sponsors ($500-$999)—Elburn Chiropractic and Acupuncture, Ross Electric, Inc., Vons Electric, Inc., Waubonsee Community College
• Visionary Sponsors ($250-$499)—Engineering Enterprises, Inc.; Michael J. Greenan, CPA; Harry F. Krauspe, D.D.S.; Maple Park American Legion Post 312; National Bank and Trust; Ottosen, Britz, Kelly, Cooper, Gilbert and DiNolfo, Ltd.; Weiland Excavating, Inc.
• Portfolio Sponsors ($100-$249)—Behm Plumbing, Builders Asphalt, LLC, Conley Outreach Community Services, Cortland Animal Hospital, Hair Directors, Hampton Inn and Suites Aurora, P & M Sewer & Water, Inc., Peg’s on Main, Sally Jane Photography, SignFX, T & A Contractors, Inc., Village Bible Church
• KCFAF Friend ($1-$99)—Amazing Grace Antiques, Franklin’s Frames and Art
You are all invited to attend “Once Upon A Mattress,” presented July 11-13 and July 18-20 in the Kaneland High School auditorium. Friday and Saturday performances will begin at 7 p.m., and Sunday performances will begin at 2 p.m. The show is appropriate for all ages and runs 2 hours long, including one 15-minute intermission.
Tickets are currently on sale on the Kaneland School District webstore, www.kaneland.org. The prices are $10 for adults, $8 for senior citizens and students, and $25 for the popular Family Ticket. The Family Ticket admits all family members currently living in one household for the singular price of $25. As always, preschoolers can attend for free. Seating is reserved. Groups interested in seeing the show should call (630) 365-5100, ext. 180, for group-rate pricing. For more information, visit the KAI website, www.kanelandartsinitiative.org.
The above community-submitted column is one part of our broader mission to help our readers connect with their communities. If you or your organization would like to be part of our Community Corner initiative, please contact Editor Keith Beebe at email@example.com. Please note that no for-profit or elected officials are eligible to be part of the Community Corner.